Social Media is sweeping the planet! It is the greatest communications revolution of our time. Facebook counts over 500 million registered users!
Represented by social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn, social media is spreading faster than demographers can keep track.
Here are 10 winning tips to help individuals and organizations leverage the power and infuence of social media to achieve their communications and marketing goals:
1. Develop and implement a smart social media strategy. (See my new book, SOCIAL MEDIA AND MINISTRY Sharing The Gospel In The Digital Age [Lulu.com and Amazon.com] for helpful pointers here.)
2. Establish an online home base, e.g., by starting a blog or putting up a website, to communicate your message, promote your brand, and engage your target audience.
3. Create a social media presence by establishing accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
4. Build real relationships with your target audience by replying, retweeting, and joining discussions on social media sites.
5. Monitor and protect your online reputation by utilizing tools such as Google Alerts and search.twitter.com to find out what is being said about you on the web, and join in the conversation.
6. Harvest insights from social media comments and replies to continuously improve your online strategy and refine your message.
7. To further engage your audience, open up your Facebook page by allowing fans and friends to post on walls updates, photos, videos, and discussions.
8. Add your blog feeds to your Facebook fan page.
9. Upload videos to YouTube to communicate your message and promote your brand.
10. Create your own YouTube channel to further connect with your target audience and showcase your brand in a more focused manner.
These are just a few suggestions to, hopefully, get you started with effective social networking. Look for future posts here exploring the new and exciting social media landscape! Your comments and ideas are always welcomed.
Until next time,
This is your new blog post. Click here and start typing, or drag in elements from the top bar.
Hi! I'm Kenneth Lillard, author, ordained minister, and motivational speaker. This blog is an expression of some of my thoughts and opinions. I'm glad you stopped by. Hope you'll share some of your comments while you're here. Be Blessed!